Many women struggle with getting rid of excess belly fat in the lower midsection. Unfortunately, stubborn flab can cause a protruding abdomen, which is virtually impossible to remove even with excessive exercise and dieting. Luckily, there’s a way to remove unwanted, sagging skin from view. A tummy tuck at a trusted plastic surgery practice can be a great alternative.
What Is the Reason for a Tummy Tuck?
First of all, it’s important to understand why people choose to get a tummy tuck. Most of the time, excess fat or loose skin forms in one, specific area of the stomach after pregnancy or major weight loss. Essentially, the abdominal muscles become overly stretched, and there is no non-surgical way to remove the flab to achieve a “flatter” or fit look. So, most people will resort to a full or mini tummy tuck.
Full vs. Mini Tummy Tuck: What Is the Difference?
Before scheduling an appointment with a plastic surgeon, it’s smart to do a little research ahead of time to get a better idea of what your options are. The most common options include a full vs. a mini tummy tuck: what is the difference? A full tummy tuck involves the removal of excess skin and fat, the tightening of abdominal muscles above and below the belly button, and reattaching loose skin by making an incision. In contrast, a mini tummy tuck involves the removal of excess skin and fat below the belly button by making an incision, and some tightening of the underlying abdominal muscles.
Why a Full Tummy Tuck May Be Right for You
Sometimes, it’s hard to know which procedure is best for you. A full tummy tuck may be your best bet if:
- You have more excess skin and fat to remove in both the middle and lower abdominal region
- You have several stretch marks
- You have loose abdominal muscles that cannot be tightened with exercise
- You are interested in liposuction as well
- You are prepared to spend a little more in order to see a major transformation
Why A Mini Tummy Tuck May Be Right For You
On the other hand, a mini tummy tuck may be the best procedure for you if:
- You have firm upper belly skin and muscle tone
- You have a smaller amount of loose skin and fat below the belly button to remove
- You have strong, firm abdominal muscles
- You are at your ideal body weight
- You are in great health and great shape
- You have no stretch marks
- You are ready for a short and quick recovery
Contact an Expert
While this article is meant to be informative and helpful, you should never make this decision on your own. Schedule an appointment with one of our professional plastic surgeons at Palms Wellington Plastic Surgery in West Palm Beach, Florida. Choosing the right tummy tuck for your personal needs and preferences requires expert consultation. Let us help you explore alternatives and make the best decision for your body.